Jul 21, 2010

Everything's Peachy

Spent the other day in at uni working on a collaborative project with other keen animators. Organised by lecturer Joe Brumm we worked from a base character which we adapted to suit our own style. Each animator did about 7 seconds of animation depicting the character in a typical teenage situation.

I'm excited about the result and think it will look fantastic as a complete film. It also gave us practical experience in working with a model sheet and in a studio format wherein deadlines were strict (one day!!) and everyone did only a small piece on a larger film. A great idea that I think will do well if entered into festivals.

Speaking of competition, I also entered the James and the Giant Peach comp on Deviant Art. My entry below. Check out my full folio at Deviant Art.

1 comment:

  1. I love the concept of this picture, there is a real sense of depth with the mixed green fields and the castle in the distance and the contrast of this background with the little girl and her bright and colourful balloons, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete