May 10, 2010

Creating an Imp

Right, now to get down to the nitty gritty stuff. I'm edging closer to Flash as a medium for my Final 2D assignment. With this in mind I'm working on my character design for my secondary character, Malvenia's Imp.

I've started reading, 'How to Cheat in Flash,' which can be found in my google library (link sidebar) in an attempt to get my head around streamlined character design practical for Flash.

I have included progressive illustrations of the Imp character from conception to almost Flash ready. The final version of the Imp reflects my focus on the Flash method of animation by symbols. Colour and style have been chosen to compliment Malvenia.

This character is low in status- especially in relation to Malvenia. The Imp is so low that he does not have a name as such. He is like Malvenia, a product of the ancient mythological world, but he is a reject, a joke the gods played when they had left ove parts of other mythological creatures. He is an outsider, as is his mistress Malvenia. The double ears and tiny mouth indicates his role in the relationship as the subserviant 'sidekick'who is reactionary in his interaction with Malvenia. He is sly and when out of reach of his mistress, is cheeky and manipulative- he goes about his 'work' of creating havock with a nasty sense of glee. He is bound eternally to his mistress and serves her loyally.



No comments:

Post a Comment