May 30, 2010

Ok so its been awhile since my last blog, but that doesnt mean that ive been on holiday; nope, just that uni has amped up and is about to peak out in the next couple of weeks. In the past few weeks Ive been storyboarding, preparing audio and rendering backgrounds for the Moonlit Evil (working title) piece.

As I will be working in Toon Boom Animate Pro 2, Ive been teaching myself how to best utilise the camera within the scene for maximum impact and have worked out a basic panning movement. This test is a little rough, but it gives u the basic idea.



Working in a 3 dimensional space with 2D objects was a bit of a headspin for me at first and I had to map out the direction and layout of background versus character and camera angle to ensure that all elements worked effectively together. Perspective played an important part in this planning.

The background development and main 'stage' has also been completed and altered slightly from its most recent incarnation to ensure the flow of character movement and that the background did compliment and not overpower the characters.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I posted a comment here 2 days ago and it didn't show up! Grr. Well, luckily it's not that hard to figure out what I was commenting on ^_^.
    I said:
    Ooo! Nice blur... I think I've seen that somewhere recently... >_>
    =D Very artistic Nat. I love how your backgrounds aren't the stereotypical cartoon backgrounds.
    Very painterly. Very emotive.

    ReplyDelete