May 4, 2010

Finished the Flash

Tonight i lay to rest my Knight of Carrotlot project. I enjoyed, for the most part, creating the piece, but it was a struggle grasping new concepts in Flash CS3.

Overall I think it turned out quite nicely, there are things that I would have done differently had I been more aware of consequences later down the track- in particular character design and the break apart aspect of Flash symbols suitable for animating.

It was the little issues that slowed me down, but the holistic effect is what I had planned and I was really happy with the dragon who turned out to be more of a star than i first anticipated. As with most new media I struggled with the application of timing in animation, I knew what I wante the timing to be but implementing it decisively in Flash took a little longer than i first thought.

Final thoughts, would i use Flash again? Most probably. It wouldnt be my first choice for 2D animation, but it is the most accessible and I can see how (with practice) it would become a slick streamlined way in which to animate short pieces. I also don't mind the Flash asthetic and love the tonal outline look of Flash characters.

To see my latest animation films click the YouTube link at the top of my blog, to go to Carrotlot click here.

1 comment:

  1. Well done, Carrotlot never looked so good. Favourite part - Sir Balendin's face off with the Dragon and nice audio clip aswell (good choice).

    ReplyDelete