Sep 19, 2010

Community Engagement Group Roles

We're about half way through the timeline for this project and the group has been working together exceptionally well, with each member willing to stay back to work on the project and keen to get involved in as many aspects of the project as possible.

Not sure if I've outlined this before, but felt that I should go into more detail in relation to our roles within the group.

Currently we're still in Preproduction phase and this is where my role as 'Producer' has the bulk of its workload. We sat down as a group and developed a production schedule as I see it as part of my role to ensure that we are pretty much sticking to that expectation as much as humanly possible. I also see it as part of my responsibility to keep minutes of meetings and each week I distribute through FaceBook an outline of the meeting and the set objectives for the following week. My job also entails communications with the client, setting up meetings, troubleshooting and ensuring that the group is happy with all aspects of the project thus far. As part of my preproduction role I also obtained and selected segments of audio suitable for the project.

The production phase of the project is where the other group members take charge. Marnie is sound designer, Alex is in charge of typography design and Beth is in charge of animation design. Although each of us will experience all aspects of the production phase through the equal sharing of the animation workload.

At the moment we have run into a small snag with the use of music and copyright, but its an issue that we have been able to overcome through reliance upon group members siblings (handy). At the last meeting we Marnie submitted the latest sound edit and Beth and Alex talked us through the basic animatic. We were able to identify potential issues with both aspects of the project and will work together as a team to create a vision of 4zzz that closely aligns to our and the client's expectations. I do however think that it is the sort of project that will have to wait for judgement until we can see a product in colour, as it is difficult to imagine how it will look and to furthermore ascertain whether all group members and the coordinator are on the same page in terms of design animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment